Frequently Asked Questions
Here I hope to answer some of the most common questions people have about buying my masks and artwork.
- How soon can you deliver?
- This depends on where you are and which mask you want. Whilst I keep a small selection of masks in stock, most are made to order. I hope the following guidelines help:
- UK Deliveries: Please allow at least 5 days for delivery.
- Overseas Deliveries: Times varies by location, so please contact me before purchasing. Please allow at least a week.
- "Made To Order" masks and customisations – please double the delivery time estimates.
- Large or complex "Made To Order"/customised masks (listed at £100 or more) – please contact me to check before purchasing.
- Bespoke Masquerade Masks – please see my page on Commissions and contact me to check before purchasing.
- I love mask X, but I'd like it decorated in a different way – can you do that for me?
- Yes! Because I make all my masks by hand, I can easily finish them in different ways. Complex designs will add to the finishing time and cost, though - let me know what you want, and I'll be happy to provide a quote.
- I love mask X, but I need it re-shaped slightly – is that possible?
- Probably, though this really does depend on the mask. I make moulds for most of my papier mâché masks, so their shape is fairly fixed – unless you're happy to commission a custom sculpt. Leather masks are generally easier to adjust, though papier mâché is better for detailed moulding. Let me know what you need, and I'll suggest some options.
- I've seen a mask in a film/comic etc. that I simply must have – can you make it for me?
- If you can get the copyright owner to write to me granting permission to do this, and if it can be made in the materials I work with (many film masks are cast in latex, neoprene and other substances that just don't work like leather or papier mâché), then I'll be happy to provide a quote. Otherwise, please don't ask me to infringe another artist's copyright.